Cannot access JupyterLab (after updating/installing python package)

Elio Crisci
  • 12 Jan

Hello, when I try to access my JupyterLab, it takes me to a page that asks for the access key. However, the one I use to log in does not work. What should I do?
Attach the image of where it takes me when I try to access JupyterLab.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 17.47.20.jpeg

Dylan Nelson
  • 15 Jan

But it did work in the past? When was the last time it worked ok?

Elio Crisci
  • 15 Jan

Hello Dylan thank you for responding,

I always stay logged in. I had never seen that message before. On Friday, January 12th, I connected as usual. But after clicking "Launch now," it took me to the page I showed you above. I'm attaching the image from today that says I'm logged in, but as soon as I click "Launch now," it redirects me to that page and asks for a password.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-15 at 12.22.11.jpeg

Dylan Nelson
  • 16 Jan

I've gotten it working again, by giving you a clean environment.

You had installed/changed a number of python packages. Although in general this is OK, if you change the versions of packages like jupyter, jupyterhub, jupyter notebook, etc, you may break the Lab.

Zhaozhou Li

Dear Dylan, I went into the exact same problem since last night (April 6). It was probably caused by the plugin "execute time" for jupyterlab that I installed last night. I learned my lesson...

Would you help to clean the environment? Many thanks!
BTW, do you have an explicit disc quote for the jupyterlab workspace? I am querying particles for a bunch of halos, but worrying if I used too much space.

Dylan Nelson
  • 9 Apr

Should be all set, send me an email if you are still having trouble.

There is no quota, but if you use more than ~several TB for ~several weeks, I will ask you to remove things.

Zhaozhou Li
  • 9 Apr

Thank you very much for the prompt help!
It works now.

• Page 1 of 1