JupyterLab workspace speed

Aniruddha Madhava
  • 28 Nov '22

Good evening,
I was wondering if the JupyterLab workspace server is functioning properly (in terms of speed). I'm noticing that running the same set of calculations as I did last week now takes several minutes (sometimes close to 10-20 minutes) to execute while they used to take around a minute or two maximum. I understand that there might be variations in the time it takes to run a calculation, but I doubt that 10-20 minutes vs. 1-2 minutes is a natural variation. To my knowledge, I do not have any extra files that I do not need in the workspace as I have either downloaded them onto my computer or have deleted them. Would it be possible to check if the slow runtime is on my side or on the server side?
Thank you so much,
Aniruddha M.

Dylan Nelson
  • 28 Nov '22

Hi Aniruddha,

The speed will definitely vary as other people do things - I would suggest just to check again. Is it still slow? Looking right now, resources are about 90% free, so I would expect things to run as fast as they ever did.

Aniruddha Madhava
  • 28 Nov '22

Good afternoon,
Thank you so much for the response. I was able to check back again and it looks like the code is running just as fast if not faster than before. I forgot to take into consideration the other researchers using the workspace. Thank you once again and have a good day,
Aniruddha M.

• Page 1 of 1